Sr Information Security Analyst
RAF Molesworth UK
Check out this great opportunity to join one of GDIT’s fastest long-standing growing programs! US Battlefield Information Collection and Exploitation System eXtended (US BICES-X) is a cutting-edge program supporting DoD intelligence information sharing on current and emerging global threats to mission and coalition partners and emerging nations. With an internationally dispersed team supporting each combatant command, the US BICES-X team is in direct support of the war fighter and their missions. We are seeking a creative and driven professional with a passion for solving real world issues on a cross-functional, fast paced team.
Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
1. Performs Cybersecurity activities (formally known as IA - Information Assurance) for a large Program; coordinates with government Program staff, USAF, and other government agencies to assist in the creation, dissemination, direction, and auditing of program policy, standards, and operating procedures.
2. Utilize available resources to conduct Cybersecurity activities, and report to senior GDIT and government personnel on overall program security posture.
3. Conduct network and system audits for vulnerabilities using Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), ACAS vulnerability scanner, and DISA SCAP to mitigate those findings for Solaris, Linux, Windows, and associated network operating systems.
4. Ability to create, track and review Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms) and conduct solution identification to assist in problem remediation and resolution.
5. Communicate tactical and strategic threat information to Government leaders, Cybersecurity-Ops and A&A (formerly C&A) Staff to assist them in making cyber risk decisions and to mitigate threats.
6. Carries out DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF) in accordance with DoD 8510 to ascertain information systems' security posture by utilizing security control validation activities and coordinating security testing.
7. Maintain the Security Accreditation status, including system documentation of multiple DoD classified networks and interconnected systems.
8. Coordinates with OUSDI, USAF, DISA, and other organizations in support of audits and inspections and provides all necessary documentation as required for SAVs, ST&Es, and CCRI.
9. Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
10. Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
11. Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
12. Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
13. Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
14. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members.
15. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
16. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
1. 8+ years of related experience in information security administration
2. Must possess and maintain a Top Secret/SCI Clearance
3. Must meet DoD 8570 requirements and be eligible for IAM level II (CASP CE or equivalent) access upon hire for positions requiring elevated privileges and must obtain ITIL V3 Foundation within six months of hire
4. Must have working knowledge auditing security configuration of UNIX/LINUX/Windows/Networking/Database (MS-Access, MS SQL and Oracle)
5. Knowledge of information security administration principles, methods, and techniques
6. Requires familiarity with domain structures, user authentication, and digital signatures
7. Requires understanding of DoD/Air Force/NATO policies and procedures, including FIPS 199, FIPS 200, NIST 800-53, and other applicable policies
8. The ability to work and set priorities on multiple projects/tasks at once and operate in a dynamic, fast-paced team-oriented environment
9. Communication skills required in one on one, teamn and senior management settings
10. Additional specific certifications may be required
11. This position may be required to complete short-term deployments to austere locations worldwide
12. The work is typically performed in an office environment, which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment
The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
#dpost #cjobs #cjpost #isdcj #GDITRecruiter #BICES