5+ years of related experience supporting intelligence operations.
- Self-motivated with the ability and desire to learn complex systems with little direction
- Creative thinking and ideation to advance our business performance
- Serve as a mentor to peers
- Routine interaction with multiple customers.
- Solid written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Willingness and ability to work rotating 12-hour shifts to support 24x7x365 mission operations (including willingness and availability to work overtime with short notice and/or fill in for other shift members if needed)
- Demonstrated ability and experience working effectively on a small team in a fast-paced, near real-time rapid decision-making environment with the ability to remain calm under pressure
- Problem solving, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to work in a multi-site, multi-contractor team
- Ability to follow procedures and manage tasks, activities, information flow in a methodical/disciplined manner
- Oracle Database experience
- SQL experience
- Splunk experience
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of satellite communications
- Understanding on Radio Frequency spectrums and how they can be utilized, acquired, and corrected
- 24x7 work experience monitoring and operating complex satellite/ground segment missions
- Prior military experience operating complex satellite/ground segment missions is a plus
- Proficiency with satellite/ground segment mission operations tools and MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to distinguish colors on a computer monitor (green, red, yellow, blue, white)
Benefits of this Position:
- Opportunity for Fast Growth within the program
- Onsite Gym – get your workout in before work, during your lunch break, or at the end of the day
- Professional Development Assistance – Covering the Cost of Obtaining Professional & Technical Certifications (depending on program)
- Educational Reimbursement – toward degree programs and individual coursework
- 401K Match – with 100% vesting on day one
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage to keep you healthy, starting your first day
- We know work-life balance is important, GDIT offers Paid Time Off, Plus 10 Paid Holidays
- Parking and transit commuter benefits
Why Work at General Dynamics IT?
- Work with top talent and some of the brightest minds in your field
- Support missions that make a difference to our Nation
- Become part of an organization that that is committed to the highest ethical standards in all that we do
- Thrive in the stability of a large organization, with the ability to move onto new opportunities, supporting different missions, building your career within GDIT
- Want to move, or find a job close to home? We have positions in several locations in the United States and the world
- Enjoy a culture that supports work-life balance
General Dynamics is a Fortune Blue Ribbon Company and Clearance Jobs Top 10 Government Contractor.
General Dynamics Information Technology solves our customers’ challenges through future-focused technology and services, ingenuity and deep mission-knowledge. Partnering with government, defense, the intelligence community, industry leaders and cutting-edge technology companies, we deliver solutions that make a difference – helping our customers to advance mission performance, transform operations and discover opportunities to build a better future.