Builds and codes applications and/or models using various computer programming languages
1. Plans, develops, tests, and documents highly complex applications programs.
2. Generates new code and corrects, converts, and/or modifies existing code to meet specifications.
3. Prepares detailed specifications from which code will be written.
4. Confers with end-users to analyze specified methods and procedures, identify problems, and document specific requirements.
5. Provides input to staff involved in writing and updating technical documentation such as users manuals, product specifications, and training materials.
6. Performs a variety of testing procedures on assigned products, analyzes test results, and corrects problems.
7. Prepares reports on analyses, findings, and project progress, and presents results to management and/or customer personnel.
8. Performs research on emerging technologies to determine impact on application execution.
9. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced programmers, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
10. May serve as a technical team or task leader.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
5+ years of experience. Secret clearance required. CompTIA Security+ or higher required within 6 months of hire date.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.