Provides installation, maintenance and troubleshooting support of information systems applications and related peripheral hardware.
1. Monitors and responds to hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
2. Installs and configures applications software and related hardware (such as desktops, servers, and related peripherals like printers, scanners, drives, monitors and video teleconferencing hardware).
3. Provides software and system troubleshooting and support.
4. Provides technical support and training to end-users.
5. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
6. Participates in special projects as required.
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
Must meet the certification requirement of DoD 8570.01-M, SPIN-C, or individual task order.
1-3 years of directly related experience supporting information systems operations.
Intermediate "hands on" work experience in support of installations, repair, and troubleshooting or maintenance of communications systems or equipment. Must have the technical knowledge to solve complex problems, understand the interrelationships of circuits, and be able to exercise independent judgment in performing tasks in support of communications systems or equipment.
Intermediate experience in maintenance/troubleshooting of VTC electronic systems or equipment as specified in the task order to include the following:
• Inverse Multiplexing Devices (i.e., Adtran devices)
• Telepresence Management Suite (TMS) Software
• Tandberg devices (Codecs, Desktops, Bridges including Codian Products, etc.)
• Cisco Network Enterprise Devices (VCS-Control, VCS-Expressway, Gatekeeper, Border Controller)
• Cisco Multipoint Control Units/Bridges (MPS800, MSE8000, Codian 45XX series, and peripherals)
• Cisco Conference Room (CR) Codecs (All in product line to include C-Series and MXP systems)
• Cisco Desktops (All in product line to include EX series and MXP systems)
• Cisco Codian ISDN Gateways 3200 series
• Cisco Codian IP Gateways 3500 series
• Media converters (Fiber to LAN)
• EXTRON components
• AMX components
• AUTOPATCH components
• QUADVIEW components
• CRESTRON components
• CRESTRON and AMX Touch panel [interfaces] and associated software
• Audio subsystems (Amplifiers, mixers, microphone and speaker systems)
• Media devices (e.g. DVD players, VCRs, etc.)
• Multimedia Display (e.g. Projectors, LCD, Plasma, LED displays, etc)