TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph is required for this position.
We are seeking highly motivated engineers with a thirst for learning, in support a geographically dispersed, state of the art systems, that seamlessly integrate Linux and Microsoft services. Positions will provide engineering support to multiple WAN connected sites, with data flows crossing various controlled interfaces, and will follow specific IT project management and engineering lifecycle processes. Engineers will be responsible for supporting their solutions throughout the IT project lifecycle, to include refining requirements, creating design documentation, creating installation instructions and deployment plans, and providing O&M support. Project assignments will vary based on skill level, and may include engineering geographically dispersed services, integrating services into public, private and hybrid cloud environments, engineering solutions to be deployed via automated CM tools, and hardening the solutions to address security and SCAP compliance.
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
1. Performs systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Participates in the upgrading of operating systems and design of systems enhancements.
4. Provides input for documentation on new or existing systems.
5. Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
6. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves operating/hardware system problems.
7. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
8. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
2-5 years of related systems engineering experience.
DoD Directive 8570 IAT level II certification is required for this position (Security+ ce, GSEC, SSCP, SSNP).
Candidates are expected to have knowledge or experience in a combination of the following tools:
Benefits of this Position:
Why Work at General Dynamics IT?
General Dynamics Information Technology solves our customers’ challenges through future-focused technology and services, ingenuity and deep mission-knowledge. Partnering with government, defense, the intelligence community, industry leaders and cutting-edge technology companies, we deliver solutions that make a difference – helping our customers to advance mission performance, transform operations and discover opportunities to build a better future.