**Position requires an in-scope TS/SCI clearance and polygraph.**
Performs a variety of general administrative tasks in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group or customer.
Core hours: Must be there 9-3. Create and update documents (phone rosters, personnel rosters, seating charts). Assist with development of SOPs. Manage calendars, schedule meetings, find conference rooms and other meeting venues for 5 senior officers. Resolve scheduling conflicts, send out communications regarding the status of those meetings and update invite list. Provide back up duties for other support team, administrative assistants within the department and provide minimal support to renovations and moves. Request IT maintenance as needed. Utilize organization websites and tracking mechanisms to track clearance of incoming personnel. Communicate verbally and through written emails and documents with department and support management regarding tasking's, personnel check in/outs, general work assignments, processes and procedures, security and badge assignments. Willingness to and ability to learn basic SharePoint skills to access, store, and upload documents. Assist staff with travel. Willing to learn and become proficient in Sponsor's travel databases. Order supplies. Prior Sponsor experience is extremely beneficial to understand all of the Sponsor systems/databases and processes. Minimal on the job training provided.
2. Compiles and analyzes various contract, program, and financial data using various database programs, and prepares monthly status reports based on the results.
3. Collects and inputs timesheet information into automated accounting system and processes labor corrections.
4. Processes purchasing requisitions, invoices for consultants and subcontractors, and travel and expense reports.
5. Serves as point of contact for the office or group on issues related to accounting, human resources, purchasing, and other departments, as well as external contacts such as customers, vendors, and subcontractors.
6. Provides work leadership to less experienced clerical and administrative personnel, and may have limited supervisory responsibilities.
7. Participates in special projects as required.
Associates Degree in a related business discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience.
5-8 years of related administrative experience.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.