Applicants must possess active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph.
Responsible for resolving IT hardware and software infrastructure (servers, network, security, etc.) issues using systems analysis techniques and procedures to ensure appropriate function of hardware, software or system functional specifications. Analyzes, troubleshoots and resolves issues with IT infrastructure including user systems, servers, storage and network connectivity. Provides system administration for assigned infrastructure and establishes and maintains security as it relates to users. Applies security patches and operating system upgrades to ensure the security and integrity of the technical environment. Supports new infrastructure projects. Maintains all configuration documentation for assigned infrastructure.
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Oversees implementation of testing strategies and documentation of results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
12. Serves as a technical team or task leader.
13. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
14. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
10-15 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
Benefits of this Position:
Why Work at General Dynamics IT?
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.