GDIT's Customer has an opportunity for an administrative assistant to support a large, complex and important IT focused program. The work environment will be fast-paced and will require an individual who to juggle many different tasks while paying attention to details and ensuring that important information and deadlines do not slip through the cracks. The office will be located in Sprinfield, VA.
1. Prepares and types correspondence, reports, presentation materials, and memoranda, usually of a confidential nature.
2. Answers and screens telephone calls and responds to routine inquiries.
3. Prepares and maintains files and other records.
4. Schedules and maintains calendar of appointments, meetings, and travel itineraries, and coordinates related arrangements.
5. Takes notes in all meetings and distributes to attendees.
6. Processes expense reports.
7. Creates spreadsheets and maintains databases.
8. Participates in special projects as required.
To be considered for this role, candidates must have 5-8 years of related relevant administrative experience. Candidates must demonstrate their attention to detail, their success in handing a heavy work load, as well as their experience working for a large group. The demonstrated ability to prioritize work will be a key to success. Candidates must have strong written and oral skills. All candidates must have a high proficiency in Microsoft Outlook and Office
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Software Powered by iCIMS