Administers and coordinates the facility security activities for an office or group. The successful candidate will support program operations by welcoming new employees and visitors, checking them in and out and providing them with the appropriate badge/FOB. He or she will maintain security and situational awareness, assist with visitor control, facilitates maintenance and assets via service requests as needed. Additionally, the candidate will maintain document control, assist with procurements and inventory of assets. The preferred candidate must be willing to learn new skills, accept new duties and support dynamic work environment. The candidate must also be flexible with hours to support the needs of the mission.
1. Administers and coordinates the security program and other related security activities for a large office or group to ensure compliance with government regulations and company policies and procedures.
2. Provides guidance to managers and employees regarding security regulations and procedures.
3. Participates in the development and implementation of security procedures in coordination with government agencies and company management.
4. Provides necessary backup to the receptionist, and performs all receptionist duties as needed.
5. Creates badges for visitors, and employees and is responsible for issuing and tracking FOBs.
6. Maintains a visitor log, coordinates meetings, and books conference rooms.
7. Receives all incoming packages, and maintains a log of all classified materials in accordance with security directives.
8. Prepares outgoing packages containing classified materials in accordance with security directive.
9. Conducts supply inventory, and creates supply orders.
10. Creates facility work requests when required.
11. Conducts security briefings, and facilities briefings to new employees.
12. Develops and conducts security-related training programs.
13. Investigates security violations and recommends corrective actions.
14. Maintains liaison with outside agencies.
15. Assists employees in acquiring personal security clearance when required.
16. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced security staff, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
17. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or a related business discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
8-10 years of related experience in facility or industrial security administration, preferably in the government contracting industry
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Software Powered by iCIMS