Develops computer systems specifications that address business requirements and that fit with company/customer system architecture standards.
1. Analyzes and evaluates existing or proposed systems and designs complex computer systems to process data.
2. Analyzes systems and procedures to refine their formulation and converts them to programmable formats.
3. Defines systems objectives and prepares system design specifications to meet requirements.
4. Writes or updates software specifications.
5. Creates logical data models based on functional requirements.
6. Performs quality assurance review of specifications for internal and external delivery.
7. Analyzes detail systems factors, including input and output requirements, information flow, hardware and software requirements, and reliability characteristics.
8. Develops analytical tools for use in the design and redesign of systems.
9. Coordinates with client to define problem, determine data availability, report requirements, and resolve system design problems.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced analysts, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
11. May serve as a technical team or task leader.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
1. 8-10 years of directly related computer systems analysis and/or programming experience
2. Must possess and maintain a Top Secret/SCI Clearance
3. Must meet DoD 8570 requirements and be eligible for IAT Level II (Security+ CE Certification or equivalent) access upon hire for positions with elevated privileges and must obtain ITIL V3 Foundation within six months of hire
4. Desired Certifications: VMWare VCP-DCV Microsoft MCSA, MCSE, MCITP-EA
5. Experience with maintaining information system compliance with DISA security policies and procedures (STIGs, IAVAs etc.)
6. Experience with Microsoft scripting technologies (Powershell, vBscript etc.)
7. Experience with NetApp storage
8. Experience administering Microsoft Active Directory environments with an emphasis in the following areas: - Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016; Microsoft Exchange 2010, 2016; Windows SharePoint 2013, 2016; Microsoft SQL 2012, 2014, 2016; Group policy deployment and design; DNS configuration; Patching and Windows update deployment; Software deployment / upgrades; Windows 10 operating system maintenance and deployments
9. The work environment is fast paced and requires the ability to work on multiple projects at once and the ability to reprioritize based on customer needs
10. Depending on job assignment, additional specific certifications may be required
11. This position may be required to complete short-term deployments to austere locations worldwide
12. The work is typically performed in an office environment, which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment
The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job. #BICES and #CJPOST
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Software Powered by iCIMS