The successful candidate will report directly to the Director of Finance and Accounting, and will have responsibility within all aspects of the accounting and finance function. The candidate must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and must be able to cultivate cross-functional relationships effectively. Performs financial analysis and reporting in order to monitor finances associated with business operations.
1. Responsible for various financial functions such as budgeting, auditing, forecasting, and analysis.
2. Collects and reviews financial data from various sources.
3. Creates, maintains, and updates financial databases and spreadsheets, and generates various financial reports as required.
4. Analyzes assigned contracts' projected staff hours, contract totals, revenues, and profit totals.
5. Maintains appropriate records and documentation.
6. Supports assigned managers in managing, tracking, monitoring, and reporting financial data as requested.
7. Participates in the preparation of cost proposals.
8. Conducts audits and analysis of their organization's direct and indirect costs, and reviews their practices and procedures, ensuring that labor and non-labor charges are approved, allowable, and processed in a timely manner.
9. May have risk identification and recovery responsibilities.
10. Ensures compliance with internal policies and procedures, as well as DAR, FAR, SOX and other government regulations.
11. Manages monthly close process including monthly journal entries, general ledger reconciliation, financial statement consolidation and analysis.
12. Oversees and works closely with procurement specialists, monitoring daily and weekly orders, accounts receivable process, accounts payable process, and bank reconciliations.
13. Manages fixed assets, prepaid and intercompany schedules.
14. Supports DCAA, External, and Bank Audits as required.
15. Maintains current knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
16. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Finance or a related business discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience.
2-5 years of related finance or business analysis experience.
Proficiency in Deltek Costpoint and Time & Expense
Proficiency in Cognos Reporting
Advanced Excel capabilities
Strong understanding of GAAP and FAR requirements
Strong analytical and collaboration skills to work effectively with other employees and other departments
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Software Powered by iCIMS