General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) is looking for a candidate to provide Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL 7) and Windows 10 System Administration to a Research, Development, Test, and Evaluation (RDT&E) network supporting a US Government Customer. The selected candidate will be the primary POC for the maintenance of the Linux core infrastructure as well as manage up to 30 Windows 10 based laptops on the developmental network. The candidate will work closely with the project team in the day to day management and maintenance of approximately 100 physical virtual servers and physical laptops.
Specific job duties include:
· RedHat Enterprise Linux 7 system administration.
· Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills and experience performing root cause analysis. This includes troubleshooting any and all issues with system configurations, backups, files systems, and user access.
· Experience administering virtualized server environments with VMware vSphere/ESXi
· Experience hardening servers and applications to DISA standards and Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) scans and documenting variances from the guidelines when needed.
· Harden infrastructure resources in compliance with Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security technical Implementation Guidelines (STIGs).
· Monitor infrastructure availability and performance
· Automate system patch availability, configuration management, and compliance auditing using Red Hat Satellite server, Ansible, Puppet, and/or other automated CM products.
· Experience writing and managing scripts and utilities to automate day to day systems administration and configuration management tasks.
· Functional working knowledge in these areas: MTP, HTTP, LDAP, Kerberos, NFS, DNS, DHCP, HTTP proxy, and SMB.
· Ability to do bash scripting
· Create documentation on current processes and newly engineered solutions.
· Ability to use Ansible and Git.
· Basic networking knowledge and hands on, including DNS and Web Service configuration
· Understanding of Agile Software development processes.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
5-8 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
Certifications (IAT Level II)
One of the following:
and one of the following:
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Software Powered by iCIMS