Specific responsibilities include:
• Works with our colocation facility partners to ensure agreed upon metrics are being met.
• Manages computer hardware installation (racking/stacking, power and data cabling, etc.)
• Coordinates and manages moves, add, and change schedules for hardware in the data center space.
• Installs and maintains data center cable plant infrastructure from MMRs to underfloor/overhead delivery out to data center hardware.
• Creates and provides installation documentation such as: cable run lists, power layouts, rack elevations.
• Coordinates with vendors on shipping/receiving, installation and maintenance activities, and data center access.
• Responsible for asset tagging and data center inventory management. Works with IT staff to ensure leased data center equipment is returned on schedule.
• Regional travel from site to site will be required as well as national travel on occasion.
• Occasional on-call support may be required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
Masters Degree preferred.
10-15 years of directly-related experience supporting large data centers, facilities plant & maintenance.
Detailed understanding of electrical and mechanical systems in a data center environment.
Systems integration engineer with senior level (8 plus years) experience with identifying requirements, designing, developing, installing, configuring, testing, and implementing information systems technology solutions to large-scale enterprise environments
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Software Powered by iCIMS