Provides installation, maintenance and troubleshooting support of voice, video, and/or data networks.
- Advanced understanding and demonstrated proficiency of structured cabling installation to include termination, labeling, and testing of coax, fiber and twisted pair cabling
- Installation of equipment used in LAN/CAN/WAN networks, including devices used for voice, video, and data telecommunications such as but not limited to network switches and terminal servers
- Experience with or basic understanding of test equipment
- Ability to work under pressure within specified deadlines
- Comfortable working with other trades and peers.
- Comprehensive administrative knowledge with strong communication skills (written & oral)
- Able to operate on ladders 15FT and beyond for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift heavy objects (up to 40lbs)
- Must be able to work within varied working conditions some of which may be small and confined (to include but not limited to attics, raised flooring and drop ceilings)
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- BICSI installation certification is strongly preferred
- Specialized training in EIA/TIA 568 and 569 cable standards required
- Multi-vendor cabling systems equipment experience is required
- Working with or having served in a US military environment is preferred
- 3-5 years of directly related experience supporting network operations.
- Basic understanding of tools used to bend and install conduit
- Ability to read existing building blue prints and cabling diagrams
- Provide accurate and concise written documentation
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Software Powered by iCIMS