Principal Network Engineer
The Network Engineer is responsible for designing, implementing, and supporting network infrastructure solutions and services in support of the customer’s Cisco Identity Services Engine rollout and subsequent O&M. The Network Engineer will be the primary point of contact for all network and telephony-related issues for the Cisco ISE project. This includes implementation, monitoring, administration, troubleshooting, and solution design. This position is also responsible for the implementation and maintenance, development of standards, processes, procedures, reporting and metrics.
The Network Engineer will be responsible for implementing, managing and maintaining Cisco ISE, developing reliable, fault tolerant, scalable network architectures, performance tuning, monitoring systems, statistics/metrics collection, and disaster recovery. The Network Engineer will manage and support the daily operations and maintenance of the network infrastructure including troubleshooting of the data, voice, wired network.
Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks.
2. Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
3. Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
4. Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
5. May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
6. May perform network administration duties.
7. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel and may have supervisory responsibilities.
8. May serve as technical team or task leader.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
8-10 years of directly related experience in network analysis and design.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
#DPOST #ISDCJ #GDITRecruiter
Software Powered by iCIMS