Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
Provides development engineering and programming support to projects and infrastructure support
activities. Designs and develops enterprise applications in a Web environment. Develops, creates, and
modifies general computer applications software or specialized utility programs. Analyzes user needs and
develops software solutions. Designs software or customizes software for client use with the aim of
optimizing operational efficiency. May analyze and design databases within an application area, working
individually or coordinating database development as part of a team. May manage websites including
design, develop, deploy and maintain activities as well as performs testing and quality assurance of web
sites and web applications.
Designs and implements cloud-native data processing capabilities using tools such as Spark, Hive Hadoop, Flink, NiFi, and other big data software.
1. Leads the research and development of new software products and applications on the leading edge of established knowledge and standards.
2. Conceives, designs, prototypes, and tests new methods, algorithms, and models.
3. Defines architecture requirements and performance standards to meet or exceed management and customer specifications.
4. Identifies and directs resolution of complex hardware/software interface issues.
5. Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
6. Prepares reports on analyses, findings, and project progress, and presents results to management and/or customer personnel.
7. Serves as the primary customer interface to resolve problems and ensure requirements are met on a timely basis.
8. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced software engineers, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
9. Serves as a technical team or task leader.
10. May provide expertise to multiple projects and tasks.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
2. Masters Degree Preferred.
15-20 years of related software development experience.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Software Powered by iCIMS