Principal Systems Engineer
Principal Systems Engineer specializing in and extensive knowledge of Server, Storage, and Virtualization technologies, specifically; Windows 2008, 2012, 2016, Linux Red Hat, CentOS, openSUSE; NetApp, EMC; VMware, Hyper-V, KVM
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
1. 8-10 years of related systems engineering experience.
2. Advanced knowledge of systems engineering principles, methods, and techniques.
3. Knowledge of the associated hardware, software, and equipment.
4. Professional certification in one or more specific technologies may be required, depending on job assignment.
5. Must possess and maintain a Top Secret/SCI Clearance.
6. Must meet DoD 8570 requirements and be eligible for IAT level II access upon hire for positions with elevated privileges and must obtain ITIL V3 Foundation within six months of hire.
7. This position may be required to complete short-term deployments to austere locations worldwide
8. The work is typically performed in an office environment, which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment.
The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
#cjpost #cjobs #dpost #GDITRecruiter #ISDCJ #BICES
Software Powered by iCIMS