Senior System Administrator
Fort Gordon, GA - 116th MI BDE IEW
Current TS/SCI is required
1. Manage the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintain the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Set up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintain system documentation
5. Interact with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Make recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develop and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Develop and implements testing strategies and document results.
10. Provide advice and training to end-users.
11. Provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
12. Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
13. Participate in special projects as required.
14. Shift work is required. Position supports a 24x7 shop, so must be able to work rotating shifts.
Additional "Day to day" functions may include:
Creating user accounts in the Active Directory (multiple enclaves/Domains)
Unlocking accounts in Active Directory
Work AD issues if replication does not work
Logging into the TTC and checking status of the system
Troubleshooting a TTC connection of a remote Thin Client
TTC log file offload (running the script step by step as in the manual)
Monitor Vcenter is operational
Working with Backup admins, should a Netbackup fails
Work with the 116th MI BDE IEW
Check on the syslog KIWI server space utilization and may need to run a cleanup after verifying a good backup has been completed.
Work with the IA section as necessary if there appears to be anything abnormal in the log files on the systems
Configuration and Level I/II sustainment of INSCOM CI.
System Administration: Senior level Windows, Linux, and Solaris administration and other application expertise on emerging systems.
Includes support to the underlying system architecture management applications like VMWare Virtual Center, IBM Director, and other “platform” tools supporting configuration, monitoring, and documentation.
Maintain License managers for the CI VDI and thick client systems.
SW includes, but is not limited to: Socket GXP, Envi, Qt Modelor, AIMES, MOVINT.
Assisted in the installation and maintains the Virtual Environment VM 5.1/6.0 for 4 networks.
Maintain VDI functionality Assisted in TTC and TGS integration Integrated and maintained for OGS workstations.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
5-8 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis. 12 years of total experience required (degree + minimum experience).
Must have 8570 compliance - IAT Level 2 Certification (i.e. Security+) and a SW Computing Environment Certification such as; MCSA Server 2012 OR MCSA 2012 Admin (411) OR VCP 5 or 6, OR RHCSA (Redhat Sys Certification) etc. If you do NOT have one, but are able to obtain one, please let us know, pending your other qualifications and ability to attain certification, one can still be considered.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Software Powered by iCIMS