Sr. Configuration Analyst
Colorado Springs, CO
Provides configuration management support to assigned projects as follows:
1. Analyzes complex engineering change proposals to determine the effect on the overall system.
2. Ensures configuration identification by reviewing design release documents for completeness, proper authorizations, and system updates. Update existing configuration databases.
3. Monitors subcontractors and vendors to ensure that the applications of customer standards and requirements for the statement of work are properly implemented.
4. Develops configuration and data management documentation based on program requirements.
5. Identifies requirements and coordinates the development and implementation of computer based configuration/data management systems and related support.
6. Provides guidance and training to managers, site leads, engineers, systems and network administrators regarding configuration and change procedures.
7. Applies comprehensive knowledge of ITIL principles, methods, techniques and best practices to configuration management and change management.
8. Manages the local Definitive Media Library and processes requests to change the authorized product list (APL).
9. Serving as local Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Change Management, Configuration Management, Baseline Configuration and the procurement process for supporting external requests, data calls, and Contract Deliverable (CDRL) reporting to the Program Office.
10. Attending and participate in Technical Operations and or Configuration Control Board (CCB) meetings as needed.
11. Processing service request and change request tickets using SCSM or similar ticketing tool.
12. Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in configuration management support.
13. Comprehensive knowledge of and familiarity with configuration management software applications.
14. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
15. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience.
5-8 years of related configuration management experience.
- Must be capable of obtaining and maintaining a TOP SECRET - SCI Clearance.
- Must be able to achieve Security+ CE Certification (or equivalent) within 90 days of hire for positions requiring elevated privileges and ITIL V3 Foundation within six months of hire.
- Additional specific certifications may be required.
- This position may be required to complete short-term deployments to austere locations worldwide.
The work is typically performed in an office environment, which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment.
The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
#cjpost #cjobs #dpost #GDITRecruiter #ISDCJ #BICES
Software Powered by iCIMS