Responsible for designing, planning, implementing and administering databases, including security, access, and documentation.
1. Participates in the design, maintenance, enhancement, coding, and administration of relational databases.
2. Analyzes and determines information needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, data flow and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities.
3. Coordinates new data development ensuring consistency and integration with existing data warehouse structure.
4. Reviews business requests for data and data usage, researches data sources for new and better data feeds.
5. Participates in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality, including performing proactive maintenance such as ensuring continued space availability, monitoring activity, and documenting problems, changes, and solutions.
6. Tests designed applications.
7. Assignments may include design of data dictionaries, database structure and layout, installing, upgrading, and managing database applications.
8. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced Analysts.
9. Stay current on vendors' best security practices in relation to organizational requirements.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
Responsible for Daily 24/7, 365 Days, Oracle Database Administration Support for the Specialty Systems Branch.
Support the Oracle Database Administration duties for the WindChill and the Product Data Management (PDM) Production, Test, and Development Oracle Databases.
Plan, create and implement new Oracle database instances.
Apply scheduled and required upgrades, quarterly and one-off patches and fixes to the Oracle database software.
Develop and maintain LINUX Scripts to administer and monitor the Oracle database engines and instances, using Oracle Data Pump and Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN).
Perform back-up and recovery of the Oracle database environment.
Perform DISA security readiness reviews (SRRs) as derived from the general requirements listed in the Database Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) on Command-wide Oracle Database Server installations.
Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
5-8 years of related database analysis and/or administration experience.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Software Powered by iCIMS