Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
1. Designs, develops, codes, tests, and debugs complex new software products, or makes significant enhancements to existing software.
2. Researches and integrates design strategies, product specifications, development schedules, and user expectations into product capabilities.
3. Resolves complex hardware/software compatibility and interface design considerations.
4. Conducts investigations and tests of considerable complexity.
5. Researches emerging technologies to determine impact on application execution.
6. Provides input to staff involved in writing and updating technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
7. Troubleshoots complex problems and provides customer support for software operating systems and application issues.
8. Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
9. Prepares reports on analyses, findings, and project progress.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced software engineers.
11. May serve as a technical team or task leader.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
8-10 years of related software development experience.
The candidate will plan, manage, execute, and oversee varied data integration and data management enhancements, customizations, migrations within the AWS environment. Gather information with the customer to determine project parameters and specifications. Candidate will work collaboratively with stakeholders to provide technical oversight with respect to data integration. The candidate will perform extraction transformation loading (ETL) using Penthaho.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Software Powered by iCIMS