The GDIT Air Defense Communications Service program and its employees have the responsibility of maintaining 99.99% availability for the DOD/Air Force Air Defense Communications Systems; 24 hours a day and 7 days a week; and 365 days a per year. Technicians are responsible for field level network operations; maintenance; troubleshooting; and implementation services for a diverse scope of communications systems.
Fabricates, installs, maintains, and repairs electronic, mechanical, and/or other types of components and equipment.
2. Applies technical knowledge of electronics principles in order to put equipment in operational condition and solve moderately complex problems.
3. Troubleshoots and corrects malfunctions using specialized test and diagnostic equipment.
4. Modifies circuitry to improve performance.
5. Makes recommendations for improvements or modifications to correct problems.
6. May provide operation/maintenance instruction to customer personnel.
7. Performs preventative maintenance.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
3-5 years of directly related experience supporting engineering operations.
DOD 8570 IAT Level II Certification
Secret Security Clearance
Aptitude Focus: Functional knowledge of routers; switches; and related network hardware and software. Functional knowledge of the principles and techniques used in network operations. Functional knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications. Functional knowledge of system security and information assurance. Functional knowledge of transport circuitry.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Software Powered by iCIMS