- Provide support to the engineering department at SERMC in the form of assessments, troubleshooting, repair, and overhaul of environmental/pollution abatement equipment; including but not limited to plastic waste processors, pulpers, shredders, CHT, and oil/water separators (OWS), and other auxiliary equipment.
- Provide Subject Matter Expert (SME) knowledge for environmental/pollution abatement equipment/systems and auxiliary equipment assessment, troubleshooting, repair, and overhaul.
- Support routine assessment and testing visits onboard ships as required including conducting grooms of environmental/pollution abatement equipment/systems and auxiliary equipment.
- Perform distance support via telephone and email. Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to use regular research tools for logistical and technical information including, but not limited to, FEDLOG, HAYSTACK, RMAIS, IETM's, CDMD-OA and electronic drawings (such as NSEDR).
- Assist in the repair, overhaul, planned and preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and testing of system components for use aboard Naval ships, primarily related to environmental/pollution abatement equipment/systems and auxiliary equipment.
- Provide written/oral debriefs with the ship's Chief Engineer (CHENG) or his/her designee of all action taken on the ship upon completion of any ship visit with a copy to the TPOC.
- Provide all required technical and repair reports and daily updates to the associated work packages. Provide all test and certification reports required by the SERMC Engineering Department.
- Represent SERMC at environmental/pollution abatement equipment/systems and auxiliary equipment conferences and seminars and shall provide written outcome detail to Code 250.
- Train personnel in repairs to environmental/pollution abatement equipment/systems and auxiliary equipment.
- Provide continuity of training to maintain the processes, procedures, and skill sets during military turnover periods for SERMC.
- Provide logistics support for repair part(s) record validation and research to determine needed repair part(s), Quality Deficiency Report (QDR) for incorrect or defective components, and assist ship's force in expediting part(s) as needed.
- Work with Port Engineers and Maintenance Managers, Type Desk and the planning department for various work candidates and scheduled tasks as needed.
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
6 years of directly related experience supporting engineering operations.
- Must have a minimum of six (6) years of journeyman level experience within the last ten (10) years in each task listed below (“journeyman level” is defined as having the capability to work independently without supervision and having a proficiency within the stated subject area to perform without relying solely upon guides or manuals alone):
(1) Independently or leading a team of technicians troubleshooting, repairing or testing U.S. Navy ship structural, mechanical, or electrical equipment systems such as: freshwater production and pollution abatement equipment including PWPs, shredders, pulpers, distilling and reverse osmosis plants, and oily water separator systems, purifiers, compressed air systems, air conditioning, refrigeration, boat davits, elevators, anchor windlass and auxiliary & deck equipment.
(2) Independently or leading a team accomplishing formal material condition assessments (Ex. TSRA, ICMP, INSURV, or similar) of U.S. Navy ship’s systems such as: freshwater production and pollution abatement equipment including PWPs, shredders, pulpers, distilling and reverse osmosis plants, and oily water separator systems, purifiers, compressed air systems, air conditioning, refrigeration, boat davits, elevators, anchor windlass and auxiliary & deck equipment.
(3) Communicating the findings of the above troubleshooting/assessments with official reports.
(4) Demonstrated experience with the following, or similar, workload databases: Microsoft Office products, NMD, Electronic Departure from Specifications (eDFS), NSEDR, and TAAS-Info.
(5) Interpreting naval engineering drawings and piping diagrams.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Software Powered by iCIMS