Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
This dynamic candidate will be part of a team delivering new systems and solutions in C2S/AWS to our mission partner. Primarily a technical role additional responsibility for this position is working with software team and other engineering, operations, and software development resources across the division to meet overall mission technical needs and provide solutions across the group. Cloud technologies used daily.
Mission Software Developer –
• Strong understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle and software architecture
• Strong understanding of data management, databases, data transmission, data modeling
• Experience in system design and analysis
• Experience with high volume data environments
• Experience transforming bulk data into common structured formats for ingestion into analytical tools, writing custom scripts as needed
• Experience searching collateral information in targeting and analytic repositories to correlate data and communications metadata
• Experience working on large mission critical software projects
• Experience with relational databases and SQL
• Experience with JIRA, GIT, Artifactory, or related tools
• Experience with Amazon Web Services cloud solutions, to include design, development, and deployment
• Experience working in an Agile development environment
• Experience working with enterprise products for high throughput data ingestion and transformation processing
• Experience with data modeling and related technical areas such as information extraction, time series forecasting, and machine learning algorithms and applications
• Experience with Extract, Load, and Transform (ETL) Tools
• Experience with automated functional and non – functional testing
• Experience with Selenium, JUnit or related tools
• Experience using scripts languages such as Python
1. Leads the research and development of new software products and applications on the leading edge of established knowledge and standards.
2. Conceives, designs, prototypes, and tests new methods, algorithms, and models.
3. Defines architecture requirements and performance standards to meet or exceed management and customer specifications.
4. Identifies and directs resolution of complex hardware/software interface issues.
5. Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
6. Prepares reports on analyses, findings, and project progress, and presents results to management and/or customer personnel.
7. Serves as the primary customer interface to resolve problems and ensure requirements are met on a timely basis.
8. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced software engineers, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
9. Serves as a technical team or task leader.
10. May provide expertise to multiple projects and tasks.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
2. Masters Degree Preferred.
15-20 years of related software development experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Software Powered by iCIMS