Serve as the Combined Arms Training Strategy (CATS) Training Developer/Analyst. Assist with the development and execution of the overall CATS work plan to meet government objectives and deliverables. Maintain responsibility for the supervision, quality control, and completion of tasks assigned to each of the specific CoE Teams. Provide specific branch and functional area expertise to lead the effort to produce CATS. Employ the CATS development tool to review, revise, and update CATS for Active Army and Reserve Component units. Provide feedback to the CATS Team Lead in support of required reports and to enhance process and product improvements.
Provides military subject matter expertise to assigned programs.
1. Provides advanced analytical and technical support to projects involving training, tactical/operational documentation, military systems design or other efforts requiring military operations expertise.
2. Researches, identifies, and makes recommendations about resources required for task execution and completion.
3. Gathers, processes, and analyzes operational data.
4. Assists with the testing and development of new systems or updates to existing systems to meet client needs.
5. Identifies and recommends emergent relevant technologies that may result in improvements to current processes.
6. Writes and updates project documentation including system procedures, presentations, and training materials.
7. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies and subject areas. 9. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in a related technical or military discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work/military experience.
Graduate of a military service school equivalent to Command and General Staff College, Warrant officer Senior Service Education or Senior Leader Course (Sergeant Majors Academy preferred).
8-10 years of related experience supporting military operations.
- Must have Combined Arms Training Experience in Maneuver support
- 2 years of experience with emerging Army force structures, the AFORGEN, or Sustained Readiness Model concepts
- Experience with Army branch/proponent specific functional expertise relative developing and validating unit CATS for Active and Reserve Component units
- Knowledge and Experience utilizing the DTMS CATS Development Tool
- Experience with conducting unit training at the Company, Battalion, and Brigade levels
- Experience with AR 350-1, ADP and ADRP 7-0, TRADOC Regulation 350-70, and TRADOC Pam 350-70-1-Knowledge of the CATS program, task-based strategy development, event menu matrix (EMM) development, and specified functional area expertise
***Please note that this is a telecommuting position, but candidates must be within reasonable commuting distance to: Fort Benning, GA, Fort Rucker, AL, Fort Bragg, NC, Fort Sill, OK, Fort Leonard Wood, MO, and Fort Lee, VA ***
- 10+ years of experience with Branch qualification in military planning, training, logistics, intelligence, force design, development, and combat development
- Strong background in U.S. Army concepts/doctrine/operations/organizations/training and the Army War-fighting Functions
- Proficiency and demonstrated ability with Microsoft office products and use of the NIPRNet and SIPRNet
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Software Powered by iCIMS