Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
1. Plays key role in achieving and sustaining the Client's Authority to Operate (ATO) based on Risk Management Framework:
1.1 Gather artifacts to demonstrate that RMF controls are in place/,
1.2 Develop plans to implement STIG checks into the environment/
1.3 Develop POA&Ms and Acceptances of Risk (in some cases where the DoD STIG cannot be implemented at all.
1.4 Perform liaison / interface between the Government J6 and J7 RMF SMEs and our own team.
1.5. Conduct security control assessment audits as IT auditor on applications and systems, for federal client using NIST 800-53a, 800-53 rev4, 800-37, 800-17, FIPS 199 and 200.
1.6 Complete assessments, write security assessment reports for system owners using monitor RMF steps and Nessus Security Center to monitor assets.
2. Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
3. Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
4. Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
5. Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
6. Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
7. Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
8. Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
9. Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
10. Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
11. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
12. May serve as a technical team or task leader.
13. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
14. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
8-10 years of related experience in data security administration.
*Active DoD Secret Clearance required.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Software Powered by iCIMS