Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
13. Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
14. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members.
15. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
16. Participates in special projects as required.
17. Review proposed new systems, networks, and software designs for potential security risks; recommend mitigation or countermeasures, and resolve integration issues related to the implementation of new systems within the existing infrastructure.
18. Develop long-range plans for IT security systems that anticipate, identify, evaluate, mitigate, and minimize risks associated with IT systems vulnerabilities. Coordinate the implementation of security programs across Tier I, II, and III systems, and establish vulnerability reporting criteria.
19. Review and evaluate security incident response policies, identify the need for changes based on new security technologies or threats, test and implement new policies and establish measures to ensure awareness and compliance.
20. Develop solutions to integration/interoperability issues, design, develop, and manage IT security systems that meet current and future business requirements, and apply and/or extend, enhance, optimize existing architecture.
21. Develop IT security system projects from design to support, evaluate the effectiveness of systems and services, provide advice and solutions to a wide range of IT issues.
Unique Additional Requirements:
1. Compliant with DoD 8570.01 IAM II and IAT III (CASP CE)
a. Must have one of the following certifications to be 8570 IAT III compliant: CASP CE, CISSP, CCNP Security, CISA, GCED, or GCIH
b. Must have one of the following certifications to be 8570 IAM II compliant: CAP, CASP CE, CISM, CISSP, or GSLC
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
2. 5-8 years of related experience in data security administration.
Skills and Abilities
1. Must be capable of obtaining and maintaining a Secret Clearance.
2. Must be able to achieve CASP CE Certification (or 8570 IAT III / IAM II equivalent) within 90 days of hire and ITIL V3 Foundation within 180 days of hire.
3. Additional specific certifications may be required.
4. This position may be required to complete short-term deployments to austere locations worldwide.
The work is typically performed in an office environment, which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment.
The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job. #BICES and #ISDCJ
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Software Powered by iCIMS