Prepares and maintains blueprints, maps, charts, graphs, and other technical drawings.
1. Prepares detailed drawings of mechanical and electronic components, assemblies, and engineering change orders utilizing Auto CAD and/or Inventor software.
2. Prepares drawings from detailed notes and specifications.
3. May recommend modifications and changes for design improvement and simplification.
4. Verifies completed work and checks dimensions, materials to be used, and quantities.
5. May use a PC or CAD workstation.
6. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced drafters, and may have limited supervisory responsibility.
7. Maintains current knowledge of relevant tools and equipment as assigned.
8. Participates in special projects as required.
Requires an Associates Degree in a related technical discipline or the equivalent combination of education, technical/vocational/military training, or work experience.
5-8 years of related drafting experience.
Ability to obtain a security clearance.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Software Powered by iCIMS