Develops, codes, deploys and maintains web applications and websites.
1. Predominate role that uses development and applications and web development support skills in the configuration, customization, maintenance, and interfacing of COTS (Commercial off the Shelf) business applications with in-house developed solutions.
2. Responsibilities include requirements specification, solution design, prototype plans, developing and testing code, solution release, and supporting issue analysis and resolution
3. Consults and collaborates with business leaders, end user, IT staff, vendors, and other third parties and is involved in every phase of application development lifecycle.
4. Collaborates with a team of IT professionals to set specifications for new applications
5. Designs creative prototypes according to specifications
6. Writes high quality source code to program complete applications within schedule deadlines
7. Tests code and conducts functional and non-functional testing.
8. Recommends coding fixes to resolve outstanding issues and work to enhance applications to automate business process as best possible
9. Review and analyze software defects. Troubleshoot/debug/identify malfunctioning systems and implement software fixes
10. Performs other duties as directed
11 .Responds positively and decisively to customer requirements, priorities and mission accomplishment.
12. Strong problem solving skills required.
13. Ability to plan, organize, manage, document, and brief projects for a military organization.
14. Strong customer service and communications skills (written and verbal) are a must.
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
2. 5 - 8 years of related experience in web software development
1. Must be capable of obtaining and maintaining a Secret Clearance.
2. Must be able to achieve Security+ CE Certification (or equivalent) within 90 days of hire for positions requiring elevated privileges and ITIL V3 Foundation within six months of hire.
3. Additional specific certifications may be required.
5. Familiarity with SharePoint API for SharePoint 2010, 2013, and 2016 on-prem.
6. Familiarity with relational databases and SQL Server.
7. Experience with UI/UX - CSS, HTML5, Bootstrap
8. Basic scripting experience utilizing PowerShell
9. This position may be required to complete short-term deployments to austere locations worldwide.
The work is typically performed in an office environment, which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment.
The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job. #BICES and #CJPOST
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Software Powered by iCIMS