Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
2-5 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
Provide Tier 2 technical support for Automated Message Handling System (AMHS), Secure
Message and Routing Terminal (SMART), XML Information Bus (XIBUS), Information Transfer
System (ITS), and the SMC Helpdesk customer message queues.
• Utilize the ITILv3 processes and additional Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for event,
incident, and configuration management on the Enterprise Network-Messaging system.
• Perform operations and maintenance tasks for secure messaging communication systems to
include server OS administration, database maintenance, system releases and updates, and
Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert (IAVA) compliance as dictated by Tier 3.
• Log and track incidents in NETS Service Manager to provide relevant information pertaining to
the issue and all troubleshooting steps accomplished for historical and situational awareness.
• Prioritize incidents based on criteria established in NOI 40.3. Current definitions for service
criticality are Mission Critical, Mission Essential and Mission or Operations Support which aligns
to Service Manager Incident urgency settings defined as Critical, High, Average and Low.
• Report Situational Awareness (SA) information to the customer and works to identify business
impact in conjunction with technical trouble ticketing documentation.
• Maintain SOCOMM and AUTODIN Customer Information Databases (CID)
• Ensure Customer Information Databases (CID) for customer sites are current and synchronized.
• Oversee SOCOMM and AUTODIN Contingency Plans.
• Update Master Lists, coordinate scheduled CCRP and COOP testing, and create after action
reports in accordance with published guidelines.
• Provide technical assistance to customers in support of a complex secure message and data
network by maintaining message platform connections.
• Perform AUTODIN, AMHS backups; daily partial backups and weekly full backups.
• Maintain Job Qualification Standard (JQS) requirements and job certification with an implemented
Annual Plan of Instruction (APO!) in conjunction with DoD 8570 requirements.
• Provide Job Qualification Standard training to new SMC POD personnel.
• Cross-train between PODs to provide flexibility of staffing options.
• Track and Implement changes to the Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) and Imagery Intelligence
(IMINT) Reports Control Manual (RCM).
• Coordinate with Ground Enterprise Directorate (GED) to track and provide operational feedback
on planned technical solutions for messaging.
• Provide guidance to appropriate Government personnel on the NRO messaging enterprise.
• Interface with external IC and DoD Organizations to troubleshoot message delivery issues.
• Provide an interface for Tier 3 Engineers and Tier 4 vendor communication.
• Manage the Messaging COOP Program and coordinate and conduct recurring COOP testing.
• Assist in development of site alternate route procedures and provide architecture change
modifications as required to address service interruptions.
• Provide Plain Language Address (PIA), Functional Address Symbol (FAS) and SOCOMM
Address (SAD) baseline management.
• Provide configuration management for Tri-Graph and Message Management Letter (MML)
• Provide operational input and feedback for RFCs related to GED's Message Handling Program
• Due to the sensitive nature of the work being done for this government client; all candidates must hold a TS/SCI with Polygraph.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Software Powered by iCIMS