Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks.
1. Analyzes voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
2. Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
3. Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
4. Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
5. May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
6. May perform network administration duties.
7. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
5-8 years of directly related experience in network analysis and administration.
Successful candidate will have extensive knowledge in IP networking; utilizing Juniper; and Cisco hardware; and all types of IP routing utilizing routing protocols such as OSPF; EIGRP and BGP. The candidate must have extensive network experience; integrating; installing and troubleshooting global enterprise networks; to include QOS implementation on IP networks. Candidate must also have extensive knowledge with layer 2 and layer 3 technologies; specifically having experience with Cisco and Juniper networking equipment. Experience with all data; voice; and video communication networks. The engineer will work in concert with project managers, configuration managers, and property managers on projects. They will also execute best communication engineering practices in network builds; integration; test; and packaging of infrastructure documentation and application solutions
Because of the sensitive nature of the work being done for this government client, all candidates must hold a TS/SCI with Polygraph.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Software Powered by iCIMS