This position develops computer systems specifications that address business requirements and that fit with company/customer system architecture standards.
Candidates must possess demonstrated ability to lead or supervise a team of specialists in developing, managing, maintaining, and evaluating current state-of-the-art computer hardware, software, and software development tools. Demonstrated ability to determine processes and costs for converting computer systems from one language or machine to another by utilizing compilers, simulators, emulators, and/or language translators and recommend better utilization of operating systems capabilities to improve system efficiency through conversion or migration. Able to evaluate applications in support of specific requirements and interface with other equipment and systems. Ability to determine potential and current bottlenecks; propose workable recommendations for their elimination; and make recommendations for systems improvements that will result in optimal hardware and software usage.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
1. Analyzes and evaluates existing or proposed systems and designs computer systems to process data.
2. Analyzes systems and procedures to refine their formulation and converts them to programmable formats.
3. Codes applications and tests to software requirements.
4. Analyzes detail systems factors, including input and output requirements, information flow, hardware and software requirements, and reliability characteristics.
5. Writes or updates software specifications.
6. Records all inputs and outputs of systems, including file sizes, data bank requirements, variability of information and appropriate statistical measures such as frequency, volume, peaking, etc.
7. Prepares and updates documentation for new or existing systems.
8. Troubleshoots and provides technical support and solutions to users.
9. Monitors system effectiveness in satisfying user needs.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Software Powered by iCIMS