General Dynamics is immediately seeking an Instructor Leader in support of the Center for Surface Combat Systems, Dahlgren, Virigina. Primary responsibilities include: management of tactical and technical trainers in support of Aegis Combat System; coordinating training using simulators and emulators for technical and tactical training; the development, support and teaching of tactics and techniques in support of f U.S. Navy AEGIS COMBAT SYSTEM including BMD; and management of trainer qualifications and trainer development plans.
1. Leads and manages Tier 4 instructors and below at respective site
2. Develops; tests; maintains; and delivers moderately complex Navy Combat System's training programs and courses in support of U.S. Surface Navy Platforms including Aegis and SSDS platforms in support of CSCS.
2. Establishes and reviews course content and objectives.
3. Conducts training sessions in support of Combat Systems Training and develops criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities.
4. Maintains records of training activities; participant progress; and program effectiveness.
5. Instructor Leader / Subject Matter Expert supports Full Course Reviews; Updates Curriculum; and changes IAW NAVEDTRA directives; providing feedback and tracking of items; conduct training analysis; and recommendation for Course improvement. Updates course documentation on a regular basis to ensure timeliness and relevance.
6. Observes; Mentors ; and formally assesses Practice and Certification Teaches of Tier 4 and below instructors; provide recommendation for Qualification Tracks and manages and reviews the Training Teachers Qualifications and Certifications for their sites in accordance with NAVEDTRA 135; making assignments for qualifications and providing dynamic assessment and provides formal appraisal for process improvement for the Teaching Team
7. Conducts research into new training; educational; and multimedia technologies.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
9. Develops position descriptions; reviews resumes and conducts interviews of prospective employees Tier IV and below.
10. Conducts training sessions and develops criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities.
11. Maintains records of training activities; participant progress; and program effectiveness.
12. Updates course documentation on a regular basis to ensure timeliness and relevance.
13. Provides work leadership to lower level employees; including evaluating the effectiveness of their training presentations and programs; and may have supervisory responsibilities.
14. May serve as technical team or task lead.
15. Conducts research into new training; educational; and multimedia technologies.
16. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
17. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelor’s Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work/military experience.
1. SEVEN (7) years relevant experience with Surface Navy Combat Systems including Aegis (AWS; SPY-1; WCS; SQQ-89) as an instructor with responsibility for teaching the system to others and managing and leading other trainers.
2. FIVE (5) years relevant experience as a training specialist in a Naval Training Environment; to include writing learning objectives; preparing test items; evaluating instructional materials and the results of instruction; and counseling students on academic learning problems.
10-15 years of directly related experience in the development and delivery of technical training programs.
7 years of directly related experience in SURFACE WARFARE AND TRAINING MANAGEMENT to include: responsibility for coordinating training using simulators and emulators for technical and tactical training; the development, support and teaching of tactics and techniques in support of U.S. Navy AEGIS COMBAT SYSTEM including BMD; and management of trainer qualifications and trainer development plans. Candidate must have 5 years of experience in MANAGING A MULTI-DISCIPLINED TEAM OF TRAINING EXPERTS in Navy Training Environment including conventional podium instruction in Navy school house and be MASTER TRAINING SPECIALIST; experience as a LEADER/MEMBER of Center for Surface Combat Systems Mobile Training Team or Afloat Training Group / Tactical Training Group. Fleet-shipboard operational CSTT experience is considered as component of the Navy Training Environment
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Software Powered by iCIMS