Repairs, installs, replaces, and tests electrical circuits, equipment, and appliances.
1. Repairs, installs, replaces, and tests complex electrical circuits, cables, equipment, and appliances.
2. Uses hand tools and testing equipment.
3. Inspects and tests electrical equipment, lighting, signal, communication, and power circuits.
4. Isolates defects in wiring, switches, motors, and other electrical equipment using general and specialized testing equipment.
5. Replaces faulty switches, sockets, and other elements of electrical systems.
6. Dismantles electrical machinery and replaces defective electrical or mechanical parts such as gears, brushes, and armatures.
7. Mounts motors, transformers, and lighting fixtures into position and completes circuits according to diagram specifications.
8. Works from drawings, blueprints, schematics, and wiring diagrams.
9. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced team members.
10. Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
12. qualified to build copper, cat 5,6 and multi-pin connectors
Requires an Associate's Degree or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience.
3-5 years of related electrical experience.
- Prior shipboard or shipyard experience required.
- Must be able to work aboard a ship and in a shipyard environment.
- Position may require national and overseas travel
- US Citizenship may be required
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Software Powered by iCIMS