Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems. Sets up administrator and service accounts. Maintains system documentation. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources. May program in an administrative language. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results. Provides advice and training to end-users. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
Additional job responsibilities:
•Candidate may be required to travel (CONUS) on an occasional basis
• Troubleshooting and maintain SCCM servers on a daily basis.
• Patch management re-mediated through SCCM to include IAVM application and reporting
• Software Validation through SCCM.
• Managing and maintaining the backup servers to include disaster recovery implementation.
• Installation of server, desktop and workstation operating systems and applications.
• Creating and managing group policies.
• Troubleshooting Server issues and planning and implementing recovery.
• Active Directory management such as container, group and user management
• IP Management, configuration and troubleshooting including DHCP and static assignment
• Understanding of Server & Application Virtualization.
• Review, prepare, and update AIS accreditation packages
• Notify customer when changes occur that might affect AIS accreditation/certification
• Coordinate, prepare, and track AIS inspections, reports, and responses
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
5-8 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
Must have a current Security+ ce Certification and a CE (Computer Environment) certification MCSA or better on first day of work meeting 8570.01M certification requirements.
Candidate must be willing to take a CI Poly upon customer's request.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Software Powered by iCIMS