Provide systems security engineering expertise and leadership in support of Sponsor activities.
1. Responsible for overseeing the contract team members' day to day duties, and analyze and manage the project portfolio to include resource allocation analysis, and tracking of progress toward customer commitments.
2. Provide technical guidance and leadership to the engineering team.
3. Ensure engineers develop appropriate artifacts (e.g., engineering design, configuration, execution step) and make available to the O&M team.
4. Track and report issues to include root cause and mitigation resolution.
5. Develop and maintain standard operating procedures (SOPs) and the configuration management process.
6. Ensure all engineering design is peer reviewed prior to presentation at the review board.
7. Assist in development of project management plans for the various development, deployment, and integration elements of the Sponsor's programs, to include schedule requirements, interrelationships of the various elements, and requisite coordination.
8. Monitor the status of designated activities, identify and resolve relevant issues, develop contingency plans, provide updates, and implement corrective actions as required.
9. Maintain a topology diagram depicting the relevant security checkpoints in the infrastructure.
10. Provide other cyber defense and IT infrastructure duties as assigned by the Sponsor.
11. Serve as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
12. Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participate in special projects as required.
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline
2. Security related certification(s) desired (e.g., CISSP, CEH, SANS GSEC, etc.)
Required Skills & Experience:
- 10-15 years of related systems engineering experience
- Demonstrated progressively responsible experience in leading an engineering team with emphasis in managing all engineering, design, implementation, operations and maintenance, and deployment activities
- Demonstrated ability to implement and manage repeatable processes and procedures, requiring engineering team to develop documentation in accordance with Sponsor's project management framework
- Hands-on experience with creating the engineering design and implementation for multi-tier IT disciplines: network, storage, backup, platforms, middleware, application, monitoring, and security
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with network (LAN and WAN), storage/backup, platforms (Windows/Linux servers and desktop), virtual platforms, and various security technologies
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Software Powered by iCIMS