The Specialist will assist in the prioritization of all malware revers engineering work, assignment of caseloads, and deliverables.
1. Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
2. Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
3. Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
4. Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
5. Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
6. Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
7. Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
8. Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
9. Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 5-8 years of related experience in data security administration.
- Minimum 7 years of progressively responsible experience performing software and malware reverse engineering, forensic investigations, and cyber security incident response
- Minimum 5 years of experience conducting software and malware reverse engineering investigations
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience identifying vulnerabilities and modifications in hardware
- Understanding of computer engineering and hardware design, including digitial logistic design and printed circuit board design
- Understanding of hardware-level security exploits including signal injection and side-channel analysis
- Experience in soldering, including equipment and materials required to perform removal and replacement of surface mount devices
- Experience in the operation and use of digital oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, multi-meters, logic analyzers, signed generators, and specialized radio test systems
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Software Powered by iCIMS