Responsible for a diverse range of information security technical, analytical projects, and activities which include: designing, developing, deploying, and testing the Agency’s information systems; analyzing the information security environment by identifying potential vulnerabilities; developing security measures to safeguard information
1. Performs expert-level systems development and design work that may include network, storage, backup, server platforms, desktop, database, middleware, monitoring, application, and security.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Acts as a subject-matter expert to multiple tasks and/or programs.
4. Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients.
5. Plans and directs upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
6. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
7. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
8. Serves as a technical team or task lead.
9. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibility.
10. Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
11. May provide expertise to multiple projects and tasks.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline.
- 15-20 years of related systems engineering experience, including a minimum of 15 years of progressively responsible experience in IT Architecture, Security Engineering, Network Engineering, Systems Engineering with emphasis in systems engineering, design, and implmentation.
- Demonstrated experience and 10+ years hands-on experience with systems engineering lifecycle, project management, and process methodology related to governance, management, engineering, and operations with experience in supporting project activities at engineering and operations review boards.
- Demonstrated knowledge and minimum 10 years' hands-on experience with IT infrastructure
- Demonstrated knowledge and minimum 5 years' experience in creating architecture framework and related artifacts.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in O&M and configuration management controls and use.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Software Powered by iCIMS