Target Recent Experience: Experience within the past five years in the following:
Specific experience in the following areas may allow for a higher rating:
Assembly, installation, maintenance, repair and modification of electrical systems associated with machinery, test fixtures and equipment aboard ships, on shore and on-water facilities, working from wiring and schematic diagrams. Use of high and low voltage equipment in a wet environment and extreme depths of water. Components include such items as alternators voltage and current regulators, frequency converters, AC & DC motors and generators, step up and step down transformers (both power and control) and relays. Knowledge of state electrical codes and safety regulations.
Superior knowledge of the use of instruments for measuring power, voltage, current, resistance, impedance, inductance, capacitance, reactance, power factor, phase rotation and frequency. Interpretation of complex schematic control diagrams and manufacturers drawings. Knowledgeable in electronics to the extent necessary to troubleshoot and analyze electrical circuits containing electronic components such as operational amplifiers, magnetic amplifiers, transistor and integrated logic circuits, to determine if inputs and outputs are consistent for the proper operation of the electrical equipmentFabricates, tests, troubleshoots, repairs and modifies electronic developmental and production equipment, parts, components, and systems according to engineering instructions.
2. Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal instructions.
3. Directs complex engineering tests to collect design data or assist in general research work.
4. Diagnoses and isolates equipment and system malfunctions which fail to respond to standard corrective measures, and makes necessary repairs.
5. Participates in the development of electronic equipment.
6. Repairs or modifies cables and equipment returned by operational users or by personnel in the associated test and development laboratories.
7. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
8. May serve as a team leader.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience.
Must hold a current Idaho State License as an electrician.
5-8 years of related experience fabricating, maintaining and repairing electronic components.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Software Powered by iCIMS