Contract: INSCOM C2IO
Title: Sr. Network Engineer
Location: Fort Belvoir, VA
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyzes voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
- Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
- Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
- Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
- May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
- May perform network administration duties.
- May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Skills and Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network analysis and design.
- Comprehensive knowledge of routers, switches, patch panels, concentrators, associated terminals, and related network hardware and software.
- Comprehensive knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications.
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II Certification is required
- Required Security Environment Certification:
- CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent
- Preferred Computing Environment (CE) Certification:
*** All applicants must possess a current Top Secret/SCI security clearance. ***