1.Maintain the Configuration Management Database as it relates to software assets, licenses and support agreements.
2. Develop reports to address customer and management requirements.
3. Facilitate business needs for ongoing technical support and upgrade protection on selected products by ensuring that maintenance, support, and upgrade protection renewals are managed and ordered in advance of their expiration.
4. Engage and assist the customer in understanding and controlling software licensing costs and statutory requirements.
5. Collect information for budgeting, software license compliance and inventory, contract summaries and cost comparisons.
6. Analyze standard contractual documents, technical data, customer usage data, customer maintenance practices, customer operation characteristics and related reports for assigned contracts to determine requirements.
7. Communicate with end users, management, developers and vendors and respond to specific requests for Software Asset Management information.
8. Establish, implement and maintain Software Asset Management policies and procedures.
9. Optimize costs through analysis of license agreements and service contracts.
10. Prepare configuration and asset data management documentation based on program requirements.
11. Participate in design reviews, audits, scheduling, budgeting, etc.
12. Develop and implement computer based configuration data management systems and related support.
13. Perform supply chain management functions.
14. Develop logistics plans in order to enhance distribution of software and licenses.
15. Follow established policies, guidelines and procedures to ensure quality and cost control.
16. Conduct distribution and network studies, monitors inventory and analyzes requirements in order to develop strategies to achieve desired delivery times.
17. Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
18. Participate in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience.
5-8 years of related configuration management experience.
Must possess and maintain a Secret Security Clearance and be eligible for upgrade to TS/SCI Security Clearance.
Strong business process analysis skills.
Knowledge of licensing and product use rights for MS, VMware, Cisco, SolarWinds, Adobe, etc.
Certified Software Asset Manager (CSAM) preferred.
Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in software asset management support
Comprehensive knowledge of relevant technology and equipment.
Strong presentation, communication, organization, multitasking, and time management skills.
Additional specific certifications may be required, depending on job assignment.
This position may be required to complete short-term deployments to austere locations worldwide.
The work is typically performed at client site locations, which requires proper safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment.
The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. #CJPOST #DPOST #BICES
Software Powered by iCIMS