Responsible for the design and development of unified communications solutions integrating voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks.
1. Analyzes voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
2. Review and validate understanding of customer design requirements
3. Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
4. Create High-Level Designs and Low-Level Designs for areas of expertise
5. Follow GDIT and Customer standards for design documentation.
6. Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
7. Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
8. Provide peer reviews to deployment engineers to ensure design compliance
9. Provide technical leadership to survey, deployment, and support engineering teams.
10. Participate as part of the project leadership team.
11. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel and may have supervisory responsibilities.
12. Review and recommend process changes
13. Coach and mentor other engineers on best practices
14. Work with Operations engineers to translate initial scope into actionable items
15. Hand off design to implementation engineers or implementation team
16. Review, audit, and approve deployments
17. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
18. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
Cisco CCNA required; CCNA-Collaboration preferred.
DoDD 8570.1 Level II technical certification (i.e. Security+) required
ITIL V3 Foundations certification preferred.
5-8 years of directly related experience in unified communications network analysis and design.
Qualified applicants need to specialize in Cisco Unified Communications technologies, but would also have exposure to other Cisco Advanced Technologies such as Wireless and Routing/Switching. Candidate should have extensive design and configuration experience with the following:
Cisco Call Manager
Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express
Cisco Unity Connection
Cisco Unity Express
Cisco IOS Voice Gateways, Gatekeepers and Acano Bridges
Cisco Unified Contact Center Express
Cisco TelePresence Management Server
Virtual Machine provisioning and maintenance
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Software Powered by iCIMS