Performs installation, maintenance and repair of telecommunications systems.
Must have lead level of experience in the following inside/outside cable plant work:
• Installation of ducts and conduits, pulling cables, and terminating, testing, splicing, and repairing interior and outside copper, coaxial, and fiber optic cabling
• Installation of fiber optic modems, fiber multiplex equipment, fiber patch panels, analog and digital copper patch panels, main and intermediate distribution frames,
• Installation of lightning protection and supporting ground and power connections
• Installation of cabinets, cable ladder and rack systems, and equipment components in the cabinets
Experience with the operation of heavy equipment as specified in the task order to include: track excavator-changeable scoop/hydraulic jackhammer, standard backhoe, bobcat, cable reel truck, and 20K all- terrain forklift.
1. Installs, maintains and repairs voice, data and wireless communications systems.
2. Maintains telecommunications equipment and installs, rearranges and removes equipment and associated wiring.
3. Interprets service orders, circuit diagrams, and electrical schematics.
4. Tests, locates, and repairs equipment problems associated with trouble calls, and performs routine maintenance.
5. Verifies work order information and receipt of all necessary equipment and information.
6. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
7. Participates in special projects as required.
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience.
Air Force E&I Experience Strongly Preferred
1-3 years of related telecommunications experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Software Powered by iCIMS