Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems. Responsible for the performance of system management and system administration functions on a variety of Command and Control (C2) systems, Independent Stimulations Module (ISM) systems, training systems, and related hardware and software employed at the Mission Training Complex (MTC) in support of digital battle command training and exercises, as well as the integration of C2 systems with site simulation and stimulations systems.
1. Performs systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering. Exercise overall quality control over the delivery of systems technical suppost provided by the C2 Systems Engineering Section in the setup, configuration, and integration of computer servers, battle command C2 systems, ISM systems, and supporting information systems in accordance with user specified technical architectures, within reconfigurable battalion and brigade tactical operation center training environments.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis. Setup, configure, integrate and maintain a mix of computer servers, battle command C2 systems, and supporting information systems in accordance with user specified technical architectures.
3. Participates in the upgrading of operating systems and design of systems enhancements. Designs, develops, and documents networks, to include Local Area Networks Virtual Networks, and subnet strategies. Analyzes, tests, and modified computer systems, networking protocols and software programs to optimize systems performance in training operations.
4. Provides input for documentation on new or existing systems. Provide technical support in the daily operations of training at the MTC. Develop and maintain system documentation on C2 systems, including procedures for installation, configuration, testing, and system management.
5. Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements. Establish work priorities and direct the daily activities of system analysts in accomplishing assigned responsibilities in providing technical support for the installation, configuration and maintenance of designated, battle command C2 systems, ISM systems, and staff collaboration systems used on site.
6. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves operating/hardware system problems. Assist in site wide execution of integrated operational testing between simulation and battle command systems by analyzing information throughput, data flows, documenting system settings, and troubleshooting system faults.
7. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
8. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
1. Active Secret Security Clearance.
2. 2-5 years of related systems engineering experience, system management, and system administration functions.
3. DoD 8570.01-M certified at the IAT-II level.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Basic knowledge of systems engineering principles, methods, and techniques.
2. Knowledge of the associated hardware, software, and equipment.
3. Professional certification in one or more specific technologies may be required, depending on job assignment.
4. 15-20% overseas travel may required throughout IndoAsiaPacific region up to 45 days per year.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Software Powered by iCIMS