Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks.
Designs, evaluates, plans, tests, and operates electrical, electronic, mechanical, and/or computer components, equipment and systems.
- Provide technical solutions based on accepted System Engineering Standards.
- Detailed communication system design.
- Research, test and evaluate solutions.
1. Analyzes voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
2. Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
3. Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
4. Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
5. May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
6. May perform network administration duties.
7. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
5-8 years of directly related experience in network analysis and administration.
o VHF or UHF radio systems
o Cisco Call Manager/CUCM, Avaya/Nortel PBX systems
o Data transport (EIA-232/422/530)
o RADAR data
o SATCOM or microwave transport, fiber optics
o Military long-haul communications: DISN Promina, FTI network, NIPR, SIPR, DISA GIG
o T1, T3, ISDN PRI/BRI, Digital Cross-connect Systems
o Network design, configuration, testing using Cisco switches and routers
o Crypto – TACLANE, HAIPE, KIV-7, STE-R, STE
o ACAS, Retina, STIG, IAVA
o ASA firewalls, IPS/IDS
o TACACS+, RADIUS, Active Directory
o DIACAP, RMF processes
o Solar Winds, Cisco Works, HP Open View, Castle Rock SNMPc
o Fault isolation and troubleshooting of complex systems
o Remedy, trouble ticket systems
CCNP, CCNA, CCDA, CCDP, CISSP, Security+ (Government requirement), Network+. Security+ is the minimum requirement.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
Periodic travel to CONUS, Alaska and Hawaii remote sites required. Must be able to lift 40 lbs. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and a professional appearance.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Software Powered by iCIMS