Responsible for the overall operation of a technical library or resource center.
1. Manages the acquisition, classification, indexing, cataloging, storage and circulation of books, periodicals, papers, microfiche, classified reports and documents stored on various electronic media.
2. Organizes information materials to meet the needs of staff and/or customers.
3. Participates in the continual enhancement of library services, acquisition of information and equipment, and improvement of methods.
4. Conducts research and investigation into sources of special data that may be available, and takes the necessary steps to secure such information.
5. Provides assistance to technical personnel by conducting library research and preparing bibliographies.
6. May act as technical editor for proposals and other technical documents in support of the technical staff.
7. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
8. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Library Science or a related administrative discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work experience.
2-5 years of directly related experience operating a library or resource center.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Must be able to obtain/maintain Secret level security clearance.
Software Powered by iCIMS