1. Participates in the analysis, administration and maintenance of voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
2. Assists in managing the usage and performance of voice, video and/or data communications networks.
3. Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security policies and procedures.
4. Evaluates hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and related equipment.
5. Participates in network installations and upgrades.
6. Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
7. Provides advice and training to end-users.
8. Troubleshoots and resolves moderately complex problems.
9. Develops current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
Must meet the certification requirement of DoD 8570.01-M or otherwise stated in SPIN-C or individual task order. The contractor is expected to have, but is not limited to, the following IT certificate:
• Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) – Server or equivalent
• Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
0-2 years of directly related experience in network administration and support.
Must have intermediate level of experience in design, maintenance, and operation of small to medium networks. This experience must include administrating corporate or business’ user accounts managing mail servers, printer servers, WWW servers. Experience in systems management, monitoring and sustainment; hardware repair for servers, PCs, peripheral equipment; software installation, maintenance and sustainment.
Experience in analyzing and troubleshooting military networks to include:
• Microsoft Enterprise Server 2008/2012 or later version
• Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
• Microsoft Exchange 2010/2013 (or later version) and other mail applications (local and remote)
• Microsoft Active Directory 2008/2012 or later version
• Network Server Backup
• DHCP, DNS, WINS, and Domain Controllers
• Site specific equipment listed in the task order
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Software Powered by iCIMS