Manages the activities of one or more Accounting departments in the organization.
1. Responsible for managing the activities of one or more of the organization's Accounting departments, such as, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, etc.
2. Supervises assigned Accounting staff members, including subordinate supervisors or managers.
3. Develops and implements organization accounting policies and procedures to ensure that financial and operating reports accurately reflect the condition of the business and provide reliable information necessary to control operations.
4. Oversees the preparation of reports and statistics reflecting earnings, profits, fixed assets, cash balances and other financial results.
5. Ensures compliance with GAAP and other government regulations.
6. Serves as a principal contact for external auditors.
7. Oversees the development of monthly financial reports and reviews for accuracy.
8. Provides accurate and timely financial information to senior management.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related business discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience.
10-12 years of related accounting experience, including supervisory experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Software Powered by iCIMS