This is a unique and special labor category requiring thorough technical competence, strong analytical abilities and a broad perspective on international programs. This labor category is required to support analytical efforts on major programs and lead the analysis on less complex programs.
Supports customer logistics requirements through the analysis, organization, planning and administration of various phases of day-to-day provisioning, spares, maintenance and/or repair activities.
1. Analyzes standard contractual documents, technical data, customer usage data, customer maintenance practices, customer operation characteristics, and related reports for assigned contracts to determine spares provisioning or maintenance/repair requirements.
2. Develops logistics plans in order to enhance distribution of goods and supplies.
3. Follows established policies, guidelines, and procedures to ensure quality and cost control.
4. Conducts distribution and network studies, monitors inventory and analyzes requirements in order to develop strategies to achieve desired delivery times.
5. Provides guidance and work leadership to less experienced staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
6. May serve as technical team or task leader.
7. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
8. Participates in special projects as required.
A Bachelor’s Degree in the Arts or Sciences from an accredited college or university is required. A Master’s Degree in the Arts or Sciences may be substituted for two (2) years of professional experience. Two (2) years of experience in field related areas may be substituted for one (1) year of college. A minimum of 11 years work experience in the fields of aviation logistics is required.
A minimum of 11 years work experience in the fields of aviation logistics is required. The candidates shall demonstrate education and experience in the various facets of major international weapons system programs. The candidates shall demonstrate participation in the formative stages of weapon system programs and responsibility for tailoring logistics concepts in response to special operation and support needs, as well as financial limitations of overseas military services. The candidates shall demonstrate broad based knowledge of Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, and Army modes of operation and logistics systems for the United States as well as a wide spectrum of other countries. The candidates’ education and experience shall commensurate with the significant demands of resolving complex international logistics issues and problems. The candidates shall demonstrate a proven record of success on multiple aspects of international logistics, as well as the ability to develop creative solutions to challenging logistical requirements.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Software Powered by iCIMS