**Position requires an in-scope TS/SCI clearance with polygraph.**
SCA Level II Contractors require in-depth information system security knowledge and skills to include the following minimum qualifications. Included within the years of relevant experience must be the following:
a. Practical experience performing information systems assessment and authorization (A&A) as defined in applicable DCID and ICD directives and guidance
b. Practical experience performing the processes involved in developing and implementing security related directives and guidance for Information Assurance; Information Technology; and Information Management
c. Practical experience utilizing risk management strategies for information technology solutions
d. Technical understanding of emerging technologies and their implementation within Government system and network environments;
e. Knowledge of information technology concepts used in the evaluation of security performance and integrity of state-of-the-art applications; communications systems; hardware; software; satellite control systems; and information processing systems
f. Technical understanding of information technology systems; software; and networks
g. Ability to effectively coordinate A&A activities of industry and Government information systems to meet acquisition milestone requirements
h. Effective technical report and general correspondence writing ability
GDIT duties include:
1. Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
2. Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
3. Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
4. Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
5. Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
6. Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
7. Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
8. Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
9. Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
2-5 years of related experience in data security administration.
Must possess IAM Level I Certification (Security + CE / CAP / GSLC)
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Software Powered by iCIMS